Handling of personal information
Minamiaoyama Eye Clinic has established the following code of practice on the handling of personal information collected from patients under our care and from users of our website or mobile site (referred to as "this website" hereinafter).
Personal information registered with us
You may have provided personal information such as your name, address and telephone number when you visited our clinic. Such information is necessary for providing medical services and for administrative purposes. You have to enter your personal information, including name, address, e-mail address and telephone number in order to request information, materials or submit inquiries through this website. Such information is necessary to process your requests or to provide appropriate answers to your inquiries.
Use of personal information
Use of a patient's personal information
Personal information collected from patients under our care is used for the following purposes. Information that may identify an individual is never shared with a third party. However, personal information may be provided to a third party outside of our clinic with the consent of the patient or when a formal request is made in accordance with the law by a public agency, such as a court or a law-enforcement agency.
- Providing medical care
- Providing medical services at our clinic
- Coordinating with other facilities such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacy, opticians or contact lens retailers
- Responding to inquiries from other medical institutions
- When seeking opinions or advice on a patient's case from a physician outside of our clinic
- Contracting out blood tests, specimen examination or other services
- Briefing family members on a patient's condition
- Reporting the results of clinical research or clinical study
- Other purposes associated with the provision of medical services to patients
- Administrative work for medical billing
- Checking credit with consumer credit companies and credit card companies
- Administrative work for medical billing
- Scheduling appointments, accounting and management
- Reporting medical accidents
- Improving standards of medical service
- Other purposes associated with the administrative work of our clinic
- Submission to administrative agencies and judicial institutions in accordance with the law
- Consulting with or providing notification to a professional medical group or insurance company concerning malpractice insurance-related matters
- Use as basic data for maintaining and improving standards of medical services and business practices
- Medical training that take place at our clinic
- Clinical research projects or clinical studies designed to improve the quality of medical care that are based on case reports of patients cared for by our clinic
- Consultation with or providing information to an outside auditing agency, a consulting firm or an accounting office
- Consultation regarding or the provision of information concerning the construction or management of electronic medical record systems and other data
The purpose of personal information registered through this website Personal information registered through this website is used to process the services requested (contact information for information requests or inquiries). Moreover, to improve the user-friendliness of this website, Minamiaoyama Eye Clinic may compile registered personal information to establish user profile data. In such cases, only compiled results are used and information that may be used to identify an individual is never shared with a third party. However, personal information may be released to a third party outside of our clinic with the consent of the registered user or when a formal request is made in accordance with the law by a public agency, such as a court or a law-enforcement agency.
Subcontracting of personal information handling
A third party may be subcontracted to provide medical services and to process the services requested through this website. In the event personal information is to be shared with a subcontractor to the extent necessary, appropriate measures such as contractual requirements for the strict management of personal information, prohibition of subcontracting and leak prevention will be taken to safeguard the personal information.
Disclosure and amendment of personal information
The registered personal information of a patient or a user of this website will be disclosed if he or she personally requests such disclosure. Furthermore, if the disclosed personal information needs to be updated, the individual may personally request that his or her personal information be amended.
Safeguarding personal information
We are committed to safety measures that are humanly, physically, technically and organizationally reasonable to safeguard personal information against the risks of unauthorized access, loss, damage, tampering and the leakage of personal information.
Terminating the use of personal information
We will delete and stop using the personal information of an individual upon receiving a personal request from the individual concerned. However, this guideline does not apply to personal information collected from patients under our care during the time frame such information must be retained according to the Medical Care Law.
A secure server is used by this website to safeguard personal information such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. Data transmitted over the internet is encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) cutting-edge technology.
We keep a log of the accesses made by users of this website. The log only keeps track of the number of accesses made. Information in the log will not be disclosed to a third party without prior consent.
Efforts in safeguarding personal information
To better protect the personal information of our patients and users of this website, we will always take appropriate steps to adjust and improve our practices for handling personal information.
Inquiries concerning personal information
To request the disclosure, amendment or termination of the use of personal information or to make other inquiries concerning personal information, please contact us at the telephone number or e-mail address provided blow. Moreover, in order to protect your personal information, you will be asked to identify yourself when requesting the disclosure, amendment or termination of the use of your personal information.
Mr. Watanabe, Personal Information Consultation Service Representative
Please note, that at our clinic it is our practice to refer to each patient by his or her family name in order to avoid misidentifying patients.